Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Eat healthy and get sunshine. I eat lots of fruits and veggies. I also stray away from pork. Most of my protein comes from chicken, fish, and beef. I should get more exercise but I am lazy like that. Taking care of a toddler is enough exercise for me. I also stay away from sugar in general, quite a torture as I have sweet tooth.

My main motivation is for my child not to be broken like me. I want her to grow to her full potential without sacrificing my own self. We grow together.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nap with your little one at least once in a while. Stretch on the floor when you have to pick up something, bend your knees instead of your back.
Drink fresh squeezed juices, if all else fails take a shower. Pretend you are her age and play with her in the moment. Those are my tricks. Most days are wake up with very little energy as I am not a morning person, but try to gain it in bits and pieces.
Get social and try to find a group of friends to hang out with and do playdates. Being social always forces the energy to come to being.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Vitamins, nourishment, sleep, exercise, fluids. Wish I could say I was getting enough of all of these!

One thing that helped me a lot was taking B vitamins. Find a really good quality supplement and take one a day for a while. See if it helps!

Walking is the best exercise for me. It's free and easy to do. I have trouble getting enough brisk walking in these days, since I'm with my kids 24/7 and neither of them is young enough for a stroller or old enough to go for a walk with me at my pace. I try to find other ways to get the exercise in. I walk up and down the driveway while my youngest rides her trike. I play kick-ball with them. I stretch while I'm standing and supervising them. I've even done a little jump-rope, for the first time since I was a kid. It's not enough, but better than nothing.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Playdates are a good advice.
For me vitamin B and D also helped a lot!
Try to get outside and some fresh air even if you don't feel like it!
and talk to other mothers, sometimes you also just need someone to talk to who is in the same situation as you are!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Eat healthy. Junk food tends to make us feel tired. Go for fibers, nuts, whole grains, and lots of water. Go out and try to keep an exercise routine, it helps a lot even if it's just 15 minutes. And spend some time doing that one thing you love best, like catching up on your favorite series. Just make sure to manage time and priorities of course. I hope it helps. Sending your way all the best, fellow mommy! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree that you should eat healthy food and drink a lot of water but you can also try meditating. Try to find some peaceful place where you can relax and meditate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts