Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what you do to get yourself in good health before ttc? I have been nursing for 5 1/2 of the last 6 years and feel really rundown! After I had 1st dd, I got back down to my regular weight and felt great by the time she was about 15 monthes. Since then I have had two more pregnancies and am really feeling like I'm deficient in something! I have got major baby fever and would love to ttc this coming spring, but unless I've lost most of my extra weight (30lbs) and am feeling better, I don't think we should try. So, what could I do to try to help myself? I'm doing pilates and take a daily multi, my chiro says I'm low in iodine, so I'm going to start taking some of that. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I hear you on the rundown! It is eight years tomorrow since I got a BFP w/ dd (sniff!) and I've been pregnant or nursing (or both!) ever since. Good grief! Anyway, we're planning to ttc in Jan/Feb for #3. The big changes I have made are starting to take cod liver oil, and paying attention to what movement my body wants (instead of the crazy pushpushpush collapse cycle I tend to get into). So it's a little less exercise than I *think* I should have, intellectually, but it's still plenty, and my body's happier. My diet is generally all right, I just eat too much of the all right stuff. So I'm trying to lose a bit of weight between now and then, but then I'm not going to overly stress it if I don't for whatever reason.<br><br>
Oh! And I've started going to get a massage once a month, on top of my chiro visits. I'm going to try to see a homeopath next week and an osteopath soon, and I hope to keep all of that up through ttc and into pregnancy. The massage is especially important, mentally - I really have to let go of my need for action and just *be* for an extended period of time... which is such a good thing for me!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
*subbing*

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I joined this thread on MDC:<br><a href="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=797453" target="_blank">http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=797453</a><br><br>
I am also planning on TTC in spring/summer 2008 (although yesterday I realized my baby bug was so bad I could just start right now).<br><br>
I am trying to perfect the nutrients in my diet (I track it with Sparkpeople, right now I am working on increasing folate), exercise, cut out junk from my diet (I have an addiction to coffee, soda, sugar, candy). I also want to start seeing a chiro, and get some other check ups as well (I am behind on my pap smears, and I also want to get my thyroid checked). I am hoping to lose some weight as well, but at some point I think I need to let my weight stabilize for a couple of months before TTC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts