Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very loving and spirited 2.5 yr old DD, and I have a newbie, 4 week old DS. I know this is a tough transition for DD, but she is driving me batty! Since DS was 2 weeks old, I have been taking DD to the same things she enjoyed before DS came along, playdates, library, swimming etc... but it's like it's not enough for her. She demands my attention all day long - ESPECIALLY when DS needs something. She gets very angry and frustrated and I am constantly telling her to be gentle with the baby, which frustrates her even more to the point where I have to remove her because I fear for DS's safety. I make her a priority, and she actually gets way more attention than DS (partly cuz she demands it, and partly cuz he sleeps so much during the day), why is she still acting out so badly?! She got me so frustrated this morning with her aggressive behavior and yelling that I just wanted to smack her (didn't of course - but the desire was there
: ) I know too, that my patience level had declined dramatically due to the lack of sleep and I end up feeling so guilty that I'm not the fun, patient easy-going mom she is used to. DS needs to be held a lot, so I just got a hotsling so I can soothe him and be hands-free for her, but she had a hissyfit this morning when she saw me carrying him around in it. I can't win!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts