Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I do NOT remember leaking like this with my first...I swear we would not wake up so much if it wasn't for always being soaked!!!! Any tips, do you sleep with your nursing bras? or do you put a towel down? What do you do???

TIA,

Mamasoleil/samson

·
Registered
404 Posts
I put a doubled-up towel under the sheet on my side of the bed- if I put it on top of the sheet it just gets all bunched up underneath me. It means have to change sheets every single day, but it protects the mattress.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a waterproof mattress cover, so I'm not too worried about the mattress. But yeah, the towel does get all bunched up...how long does this leaking usually last?????

Mamasoleil/samson

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I use a waterproof mattress pad (just in case) and put a big beach-size towel under me & baby. The bigger sized towel doesn't seem to bunch so much. Then I just need to change the towel each day.

·
Registered
404 Posts
My daughter is almost seven months old, and I'm still leaking occasionally at night, but it's different for everyone.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
I leaked the entire year ds nursed... I fold a towel and put it under me

·
Registered
43 Posts
We use chammies with a recieving blanket on top. They are soft. I drag ds from one side of the bed to the other on it. I sleep with a clean cloth diaper on my chest. And I sleep on my back when I can. I still wake up wet sometimes. Just skin down and go back to sleep half naked. Leaking sucks at night and during the day. Love, Kendra

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
I sleep with a nursing bra and nursing pads on and make sure there's a cloth diaper underneath DD's head. I have over active let down so I spray all over the place if I'm not covered up - I have to change my breast pads at least 2 times a night. I keep the cloth under DD's head because she often coughs when I get let down and sputters milk all over the place. I can't wait until she's old enough that my over active let down doesn't bother her anymore .

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, I hope I don't leak for a year!!!! I just just put on a clean bra, and it's soaked, not even 1 hr with it on!!!!
THe nights are getting a little better, I'm getting a system happening...I put a towel under me, and try to keep Samson off of it, but of course he loves to cuddle, so then we both wake up soaked..
Well, I suppose it's par for the course!!!!

Thanks for all your support and ideas!!!!

Peace,

Mamasoleil/samson

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I still leak at 7 months!

We use a natural wool blanket under the baby to keep her face area dry (better then cotton for keeping mositure wicked away from baby) and to keep the bedding dry and I use a flat dsq diaper inside my shirt at night for milk leeks. It's a good system!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts