Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We waited till we thought we were "out of the woods" with this pregnancy and told all our close friends and then put a post on facebook that we were expecting a new baby in July. We lost the baby at 15 weeks, and all our close friends know but everyone else, old school friends, cousins, etc (including everyone who read it on facebook) don't know about the loss.  I don't know how to let people know short of putting something on facebook, but I don't know if that is cold, or what.. I just don't want people to be asking "how are you feeling, how is the pregnancy going" etc because I will have to answer it a million times and it would just be awkward for me and them. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have 400 facebook friends and I can't very well message everyone.. does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks...</p>

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
<p>I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't think it's cold to mention it on Facebook. You could write a note with some of the details, and then put a simple explanation in your status that directs anyone who wants to know more to read your note. That way you can always direct inquiries to the note if you don't feel like fielding questions, and I'll bet you'll get lots of loving and supportive comments.</p>

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>thanks so much... I love the suggestion.</p>

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
<p>We posted something on Facebook, after we told family and close friends on the phone or via e-mail. We got a lot of support. That said, there were still people who didn't know who are Facebook friends, so there were still awkward moments of "How are you feeling? How far along are you now?"</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't think it's cold at all to share news that way, especially when you shared your happy news that way. I'm sorry for your loss.</p>

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>I posted on facebook something along the lines of "I am sorry to say, we lost our baby at 15 weeks...:and everyone has been very supportive.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you!</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts