Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I am wanting to know how to make a waterproof pad for our bed. Needs to be about 3x3ft. Im thinking something similar to chux pads.
Any ideas? Im a fairly new sewer so please keep that in mind! What kind of fabric should I use? Im doing this so hubby and I dont have to change the sheets after lovins everytime (cause seriously - who wants to sleep in the wet spot? **blush**) So it doesn't have to be pretty by any means as we are the only ones who will see it.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
ok so either a wool or pul back and a few layers of something absoebent for the top. cut the absorbent layers about an inch short around and fold over the backing layer on the top over a little and sew it down.

or get a bottom and a few layers of top and bind it all the way around.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
For the kids beds I had planned to back some cheep towels with PUL. I figured since all the edges of the towels are already finished and PUL does not fray that I could just sew the two together.

I put them under the sheets but I think If I was laying directly on them I would finish the edges with some binding

I never tired it thought because before I ordered the PUL I was given another waterproof pad.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
A lot of fleeces are water resistant, and soft to the touch too. Fleece would be a super easy option too- no unraveling or fraying, easy wash & dry, thin & soft. While fleece isn't a natural fiber, it is often made of recycled plastic bottles.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by saphire View Post
A lot of fleeces are water resistant, and soft to the touch too. Fleece would be a super easy option too- no unraveling or fraying, easy wash & dry, thin & soft. While fleece isn't a natural fiber, it is often made of recycled plastic bottles.
But think of the static during a dry winter! That would be fun while getting a little lovin'.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
PUL, and a couple of layers of something absorbent, you could use flannel. If it works for diapers, it'll be good enough for this too

·
Registered
444 Posts
Or just fold a big bath towel in half, it's always been plenty absorbent for us and no sewing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.