Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should I post a sewing question here or start a separate thread?

If here, then this is the question:

Can someone explain, as if I were a child (
), how to make thread loops for buttons?

I'm making a cuff for my dd. I'm trying to follow directions in the pattern but I can't understand them.

I started the needle up from underneath and then out the edge of the cuff. Now I know that I need to leave a bit of thread for the loop but go back into the edge of the cuff (the width of the button). Do I put the needle into the edge and then pull it up right there at the edge? Where should the needle exit?

I know this sounds confusing. It's difficult to explain

I'm a newbie so this kind of stuff just throws me!

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
KaraBoo, I moved your post to make a new thread, to make sure that it will be seen!...wish I could help. I just...DO it.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I leave about 1/16th of an inch between where the loop comes out of the edge and where it goes back in. Then you want to make a few loops going between these points (after you make the first loop, put the needle into the second hope and out the first again and repeat a few times) I then do a blanket stitch around the length of all those loops I just made to hold them together and reinforce.

HTH!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.