Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have an overflowing mess of diapers,covers,doublers, etc for my one baby.
And with another one coming, I know the mess is just going to get bigger! :LOL

Does anyone have a good system to organizing for more than one in dipes? Or do you just throw it all together?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
: 'cause I have NO clue what I'm gonna do when I get there

Right now all Moose's stuff occupies the top shelf of the changing table, and in utero Muffin's stuff is stacked up on the bottom for admiration. I don't wanna be reaching way down there for stuff that's going to be used constantly though.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I have a changing table with 2 drawers and 2 shelves. I put Braedons wool, wipes and acessories in the top drawer, than in 3 baskets I put Braedons diapers on the first shelf. I put Makenzie's wool/covers in the 2nd drawer and her diapers in baskets on the bottom shelf.

Than I have a white storage thingy with 3 levels on the side with M's Small stash, and Braedons prefolds on the bottom.

ETA: I put them in the same pail and wash dipes together. OMG, Id need a second wash machine if I did it seperate, lol, at least for the newborn stage.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
well when i had 2 in cloth i did this
i hade/have a simple small(enough for each othe them for 2 days) stash of dipes. My oldests dipes went in 1 basket(his was basiclly covers) my youngests in another. The wool was in a 3rd basket, the wipes in a 4th.
It was all stored on/in a changing table. The changing table had 1 drawer and 2 shelves. In the drawer went all the prefolds and stuffers for pockets.
I then have a small wire storage cart whcih holds random stuff except the top shelf which held doublers and fleece liners.
you can see what im talking about here
eta i washed all the dipes toghether and stuck them in the same pail/wetbag

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
When I had two in diapers, I kept their diapers in different places. I kept Kieran's in the bottom drawer of his dresser, because he was so big by that time that we usually just changed him on the floor, and that drawer offered easy access. We kept Gemma's diapers in the top drawer of her dresser/changing table combo, as she was changed on the table and the top drawer offered easy access.

Now that Gemma is a toddler, I keep her diapers in the bottom drawer of her dresser and her wool/wipes/doublers/etc. in the middle drawer. Again, it's all about easy access, and squirmy toddlers are changed on the floor at our house!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Both times I did it, I had one diaper pail and kept the diapers and covers in separate locations, though everything was next to or inside the changing piece of furniture (once a vanity, once a dresser, currently a different dresser!). I did find that I needed to have a TON of wipes. I kept the excess after the older child potty learned because I figure the older wipes would wear out eventually.

Oh, and I would mix up a large batch of wipe solution and put it and the wipes into a gallon-sized ziploc bag since I needed more space than my usual wipes container. Worked well for the nb poop stage. I'd reuse the bag as much as I could.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have my toddlers diapers in a linen closet and just grab one, chase him down and change him wherever we happen to land.

I have a pack n play for the baby. I fill the bassinet part with wipes, wipe warmer, liners, doublers, etc. and use the changing pad to change him right there. I hang the covers to dry over the rails and it works quite well. I would just recommend getting a pack n play with the new fancy higher changing table. I laughed at it before but your back will hurt a little all bent over 50 times a day. I can totally see how the higher changing pad would help, even if it is a little more.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well, ds is only wearing dipes to bed now, but I pail them all together then sort from the dryer. Big boy diapers go into a basket that is on the floor near the dryer, baby diapers go in a basket that is kept on the changing dresser. I don't fold diapers (well, I do put the matching liners in the fitteds and stack them) I think having seperate baskets is the easiest way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts