Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I have a good career and am a mom of two. From time to time, however, I find it very difficult to get anything done. I am in this phase right now, and I do have urgent deadlines to meet but cannot by any means motivate myself to start working on it. At the end of the day I'd feel so guilty to face my children who's missing me and the ever hard working Nanny. Have you ever been in this position? What do you do to get out of this? I need some help here.</p>

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
I think it's a common problem, particularly at this time of year in my part of the world.<br><br>
Some things that work for me:<br><br>
~setting small, attainable goals with reasonable rewards once reached<br>
~prioritize and delegate. Sometimes putting something off shows how unnecessary a step was and it can be crossed off the list without guilt!<br>
~at the end of the day, look at what you did and take pride in how much you were able to accomplish. It's probably more than you really think.<br>
~cut yourself a little slack. Winter is rough, the holidays can be an overwhelming time. Yes, we should all strive to do our best, but some days, just getting by is really quite ok.

·
Registered
116 Posts
<p>Wow, that is so me right now.  I have a good job and I am just so unmotivated.  I don't love my job but they're still paying me and I should be doing a better job. :(  I'll be checking back in on this thread for ideas. </p>

·
Registered
272 Posts
<p>I have feeling way undermotivated at work too. However, I find my enthusiam correlates directly to how much sleep I have been getting. If it has been a long night with crying/sick children or sick/restless dogs, I am pretty much worthless all day and am easily distracted. If I am rested, I find I am more interested in accomplishing a task or project or even to help someone else out with theirs.</p>

·
Registered
203 Posts
<p>I think I wrote this post about 1.5 years ago!  For me what helped was time.  Work energy seems to ebb and flow.  As PP says, cut yourself some slack. You're working so hard at home, at being a mom, at work.  We can't be 100% all the time!! Do a little every day on your urgent matters, do nice stuff for yourself, and know that your energy will come back. </p>

·
Registered
466 Posts
<p>Just chiming in to say that I am in the exact same phase right now.  Each morning I think about how this day will be different...and then it isn't.  I always find that just doing one thing - just getting started - always helps me just get over the mental hurdle.  If only I could take my own advice.  I will also be watching this discussion for more ideas.</p>

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
<p>Holla.</p>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<p>Happy New Year working moms!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am just back from a refreshing island vacation. Productivity improved much. Thanks for everyone's input! My nanny will relocate with her husband next month. Am scared into getting more work done these days.</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts