Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We have gradually been weaning my 19 month old DS. He doesn't nurse much in the daytime anymore so I would like to stop pumping at work but do I just do it cold-turkey? I work from 8:00-6:00 twice a week and pump at 1:00 on those days. How do I make it through the day without pumping? I know how I feel if I pump late so I'm afraid of how it will be if I don't do it at all? Any suggestions?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, while I am at work, my mom feeds him my expressed milk in a bottle still. Usually one bottle durning that day with his other food. Do I simply replace that breastmilk with regular milk (we use goat's milk) and maybe use a sippy cup instead of a bottle? I am just not sure how to do that either.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We are doing pretty good with the "don't offer, don't refuse" method, but I think the bedtime and middle of the night nursings are going to be the toughest for him and elimating pumping at work is going to be the toughest for me!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a hard time finding information on how the mothers deals with the milk while weaning.</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>if you are going to stop pumping, I would gradually decrease how much you are pumping, so that your supply has a gradual decrease for that time of day. though if he's still taking a bottle when you're gone, I would guess that he isn't ready to wean, so finishing weaning may be difficult. </p>

·
Registered
250 Posts
<p>I just stopped pumping at work. I took a week to "wean the pump," where I pushed the pumping session back later and later--from 1pm to a bit later to a bit later until the end of the week where I was going through to 4.30; to pump after that is too late (because I'm just about to go home). The first week with no pumping, I was full and a bit uncomfortable by the end of the day (and I kept nursing pads on hand), but now in week two, I'm much less uncomfortable.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts