Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We're expecting (b'H) our rainbow. Started trying for #2 when dd was 1.5. Had 3 losses that dd knew nothing about. Now she's 4 and everything's been looking good so far with this pg. Can't really hide it anymore either - she was sitting on my lap yesterday and learning against me and I don't know if it was my belly or my button poking her but she turned around, looked at my belly and asked if it's a baby. I told her I think my button was poking her. I think we'll prob tell family this weekend. How do I tell dd?</p>

·
Registered
911 Posts
<p>My daughter has been between 3 and 4 with all of my subsequent pregnancies, and I just told her I was growing a baby inside me. I have this really great fetal development book called "In the Womb" that has super detailed pictures of what embryos look like from conception onward, and we look at it together. She seemed to grok it pretty well. She also understood very well when they were gone. I'm not telling her this time around until I see a heartbeat.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>~Rose</p>

·
Registered
827 Posts
<p>DH and I were just discussing tonight whether to tell the boys now or wait a bit longer. I'm 6w4d, but had an u/s yesterday at which we confirmed a hb high enough for viability. But my boys ar 7 and 4, and we just had a loss in January they (but esp 7yo) took pretty hard; I was 13w with a missed m/c from 8w. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>But they might need to know why mommy's so tired all the time and may be puking soon. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's so hard to know when to say something, but with the younger age, I would be more likely to go ahead and tell. Honestly, my hesitation is because of my 7yo who is really emotional lately.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Since this is over a week ago, did you tell your DD? What about your family? (how'd you do it?)</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts