Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to tell if I may have ovulated with out charting? I know that is really the best way, but I haven't had a period in a really long time because of a side effect of birth control. I seem to now over react at any sign that I might actually be fertile. Today I had some pain in my lower right side, almost by my hip bones. I'm sure it was nothing, but the docs don't know why I'm not having periods, so I jump at anything that half way seems like I might be about to start. Thank in advance!<br>
Elizabeth

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Your cervix would be high and soft.<br><br>
For years I thought I couldn't reach my cervix, only to find the two times I ever tried I must have been fertile, 'cause if it were a dog it would have bit me since I've started checking daily.<br><br>
Having had a child, the opening would be slightly open, and the opening is somewhat linear (it would probably hold a tic tac nicely *as I cringe at the thought of having a Bold mint tic tac up there*)<br><br>
Anywhoo, I don't know if that would work for you if you don't know what your cervix normally feels like, and I'm not positive that a high, soft, open cervix necessarily implies ovulation, or just typically accomanies it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts