Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if that makes any sense, lol.<br><br>
My 16mo ds is allergic to wheat, dairy, eggs, peanuts, bananas, peas, and possibly corn. We both strictly avoid these things.<br><br>
He used to have lots of excema, but after figuring out the allergies, and getting him the right lotions, etc, he is virtually excema-free. His poops are mostly well-formed. Overall, he is doing GREAT--meeting all his milestones, and just a charming and extremely active little guy.<br><br>
His sleep, however, stinketh. He wakes up numerous times throughout the night and on occasion has difficulty getting back to sleep. He sleeps in his crib for the first part of the night and then with me on a futon in his room after he wakes for the first time.<br><br>
My gut tells me that he is just like so many of the other toddlers whose moms post on the "Nighttime Parenting" board, desperate for more sleep. I would like to implement some of the strategies from the Dr. Jay Gordon method that is often spoken of there--probably after the excitement of Christmas travel when he is close to 18 months. But then I worry that he's waking because he's uncomfortable in some way. I just don't know. But yada yada, I would really, really, really, like for him to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time.<br><br>
TIA.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Is he possibly getting too hot? I know my MIL sleeps terribly when she gets too warm (a temp that to me is still chilly) and always has, even as a child.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts