Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is four years old and has some anxiety issues. At times this manifests as her feeling sick to her stomach. There are times when I am unsure if she is ill or anxious and am wondering how others handle these situations.<br><br>
Today we were supposed to go to the library for story time. DD woke up and told me she felt pukey and also that her heart was racing to "get away from the pukes". Now if it is anxiety, I would still take her to the library if she was willing because I think that it would help to take her mind off her worries. But if she is ill, I don't want to take her and expose the other kids. We decided to stay home and she just laid on the couch and seemed to be ill. But now after about an hour of that she is dancing around and acting fine so now I'm wondering if she is actually ill afterall. I just don't want to create a pattern of shutting in the house if she is feeling anxious but I also don't want to take a sick kid out and infect others.<br><br>
Any ideas or advice is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,874 Posts
If the kids feel pukey, I let them sit in the bathroom, sometimes put a wet washcloth on the back or their neck, and then we don't go out. When my son was in school, he would spend the day at home.<br><br>
Have you ever tried Rescue Remedy for kids? I have found a few drops go along way for my little ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts