Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a four month ld femaile shih tzu named Dixie. she has been very hard to housebreak, so we went back to square one a few weeks ago and started crating her when we could not be watching her. Then I allowed her to be leashed in the same room as us for short periods of 45 minutes with minimal supervision. She has not had any accidents in a week. Do you think it would be safe to start allowing her to roam a bit in the house ?(or atleast in the same room as us) I don't want her to regress and start having accidents again. Before we went back to square one she would run off to a corner and pee when she thought nobody was looking, and we would find it later.
thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Personally, I think I'd continue to leash her with you when you aren't watching closely. Maybe for another week until you're more sure. That's what I'd do.

Dusti has only had two accidents (totally OUR fault, gotta take the dog out before you "get it on"
) and I still keep her leashed with me anytime I don't feel I can trust her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.