Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really think my DD might have a yeast rash. At first I thought it was normal diaper rash, only pretty bad so I put her in sposies and was using Method diaper cream on her. It has gotten a little better on some parts, like around her anus but I don't see much difference around her vulva/leg area.<br><br>
So, how do you treat yeast rash? Do you use an aniti-fungal cream? Which one (specific brand names would be nice). I thought she had this last weekend but when I tried to talk to the pharmacist about what I should use she didn't have any info for me. It doesn't really seem serious enough to warrant a pedi appt.<br><br>
Oh and I know how to treat my diapers, I just need info on how to treat the rash, thanks!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Try coconut oil (you can buy it in the baking section of the natural foods department). CO is really amazing stuff. It has anti-fungal, antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Just smear it on like you would any other cream.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
GrapeFRUIT seed extract (GSE) diluted on a wet cloth. Works wonders. You can also put it in a bath. Tea Tree Oil works as well, but GSE is stronger.

·
Registered
484 Posts
<a href="http://www.frostfishcovesoaps.com/store/catalog/handmade-soaps/products_id-81.html?osCsid=91478cf95d439bf612b2a08c3db7e829" target="_blank">http://www.frostfishcovesoaps.com/st...b2a08c3db7e829</a><br><br>
This soap is awesome stuff. The doctor told us to use Lotrimin, which only reduced the infection by about half. This soap cleared it up 100% within a couple of days. I've used on my own yeast infections, too, and as long as they aren't the deep internal kind, it works great.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i used an over the counter anti fungal cream (neopsporin anti fungal) twice a day and used lanolin the other times. worked in a couple of days. We are prone to yeast at my house. I hope it clears up soon!

·
Registered
440 Posts
get an antifungal cream. I am a nurse and we deal with yeast occassionally, and the antifungal cream works the fastest.<br><br>
And get your doc to look at it. It may be something else too, and best to get it treated sooner rather than struggling for a day or 2 extra.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts