Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies,
I borrowed some wool soakers from a friend recently and I want to handwash them. Is there anything I can buy at the store? Woolite? I have some lanisoh at home, can I just put some of this into my wash mixture?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Do you have any baby shampoo? To wash, just fill your sink with warm water and add about a teaspoon of baby shampoo. Let your soakers get damp in the water and gently work the soap into them. Gently ring them out. Take a small container and put about a teaspoon of baby shampoo and a pea sized amount of lanolin and some water. Microwave it until the lanonlin completely dissolves (30 secs to 1 min). Shake it up to emulsify it. Add this to your water (your soakers aren't it anymore) and mix it around. Add your soakers back into the water and gently work the solution into them. Let them sit for about 30 minutes. Gently squeez out the extra water and then roll them in a towel to get some more water out. Let them lay flat to dry.

THIS is a good site for info. on the care of wool.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. I have some Burt's Bees baby shampoo. I'll use that. Off to wash!

Thank you for the link as well. I can't wait to put my little one's bum in those soakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts