Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bunch of Kissaluvs newborns and they are awful! I don't think the cloth diaper thing is working out for us...I also bought three Fuzzibums, and would really like to try to get some money back. How do I go about doing this aside from Ebay?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Try the Trading Post here on the Mothering Boards or diaperswappers.com

I'm sorry it isn't working out for you. Is there anything specific?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Well...the Kissaluvs I got just aren't a good fit and leak horribly, even through the covers I have. Also, I just can't imagine doing laundry right now when I barely have time for a shower! I hope that maybe when DD gets a little older we can try it again...we'll see!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Kissaluvs aren't terribly absorbant. You could try using a hemp or organic cotton doubler inside them.
But I totally understand where you're coming from. It can be pretty overwhelming in the beginning.
It does get easier though mama.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I just noticed that your baby is only a week old!! First, congrats. It was hard for me to get the hang of CDing in those early weeks. It seemed she needed to "unfold" and get some leg fat in order for them to fit right. It started getting easier at about 3 weeks, from what I recall. Maybe hold on to them and get yourself some doublers (or just cut up some of those receiving blankets or buy some washcloths) and try again in a few weeks, after you've emerged from the haze. You probably don't have time to work on selling them anyway! I just want to give a
and assure you that it will get easier - all of it!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I would wait a bit, too. Then you can always sell them in a month. I got hemp doublers or just change, change, change them. Once the girls started hanging out just in a dipe it was easier because I dodn't have to undress them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hugs, mama. It will get easier. Don't sell yet - give it a couple weeks (as the previous posters have suggested) - and then try again.

Blessings to you and your new babe.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I completely understand your feelings. DD wore sposies the first 4 weeks until I felt like I got the hang of taking care of a baby, and she was also too small at first to fit the dipes right. When I did start using the CDs, I just did it in the day for another few weeks, and eventually night too.
Congrats on your baby!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congrats on your new little one! I agree with the pps and hang on to them for a little while. Those little bodies change so quickly what doesn't fit well this week might next. I also started out in sposies til felt I could handle the wash load. I hope you give it another try later because once you get going cding it really is worth it. I would also suggest buying one each of a few other dipes - maybe used- to try the different fits out til you find one you love. HTH

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I ditto the others - I tried to put exactly ONE CD on Grace when we got home from the hospital, but her little 6lb self was absolutely TOO small and narrow (I couldn't get anything between those little legs
) After her cord fell off and she was a tiggin bigger (and I was FEELING better)(about day 10) things got much better and I was really enjoying the cding.

Hang in there Mama - and don't feel bad about sposies right now, you do whatcha gotta do!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts