Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 year old dd and then I keep my 6 month old niece during the day and don't get home from my folks til between 7:30 and 8 at night. So I have to figure out how to get the 6 month old to play some and let me put her down because my house looks like it was hit by a tornado. I doesn't matter if I am trying to do things and she is sitting right beside me while I do it, if I am not holding her it is not good enough. The child won't nap when she is here other than for 10-15 minutes at a time, dd won't nap when the 6 month old is here because she fusses and wakes the 6 month old and it drives me crazy so I am giving up and she can nap on the days it is just her and mommy and on the other days I get to deal with a crabby wonder in the evenings.
I have to be able to wash, dry and put away laundry, I have to be able to put toys and vacuum and pick up in general. I can't live like this anymore.

Any suggestions? She is just MAD, but I can't handle listening to her cry or fuss so I have to hold her. But I am 22 weeks pregnant and I can't carry her all the time as my hip keeps going out of place as it is and I am too tired all the time when I don't have her anyways. I have to figure it out, so how do YOU do it??

·
Registered
61 Posts
I feel your pain! I remember those days. My daughters are 2 years apart and it was not easy getting it all together. So I stopped trying! I had to stop doing thing as if I had one child or no children. I had to play around with different schedules and different ways of getting things done.

For me, I cleaned at night. I would do my best to keep things tidy while the kids were up, but I did not stress about cleaning until I put them down. I also used sitters and friends to watch them once a week so that I could do a major overhaul. It varied, week by week. There was no such thing as a "set routine."

What may help is to let go of your judgement of what "should" be done. You are in a transitional phase in life, and the most important thing for now is to flow with each situation, believe me, it will not last, before long you will find a system that works. Think creatively, I put the baby in a stroller in the house as I cleaned, and rolled her around from room to room, it worked like a charm. Oh the many mountains I had to climb during those days.

It will pass mama! Take it one day at a time!

Many Blessings, Coach K!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.