Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting seperated from dh and moving in two weeks to my Mom's house with Kiera (2yo) and Devin (5 months) from IL to AZ. Kiera has played with the same couple of friends since she was born and they all absolutely adore each other. She has also attended the campus day care with them as well on days we are not playing together since she was 5 months old. What can I expect? How can I help her through it? I know my Mom says she is too young but I really think it will affect her...TIA!

·
Registered
451 Posts
We moved a few states over when DS #1 was 16 mos, and other than his sleeping patterns getting messed up (time change - new room, etc), he was no worse for the wear. However, he didn't really have any childhood relationships built up yet. He was still just into gross motor activities, and not particularly into personal stuff (DS is not very <i>cerebral</i>). I imagine as long as you find some new friends for her to play with - neighbors, relatives, etc. she'll be fine pretty soon after you get there. I would just suggest really pumping up the new location - how exciting it will be for her, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts