Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it! The August DDC is up now, so that makes 3 DDC's below ours. This pregnancy is really moving along isn't it? I'm 17 weeks today (probably behind most others since my EDD is at the end of May. Still waiting for definite movement. I'm surprised I haven't felt it for sure because according to the weekly development messages in my inbox, she's 5 inches crown to rump and that seems pretty big to not feel moving around, kwim? My belly is starting to get itchy in the upper right and my old stretch marks in that area are pinkish red. :( Was really hoping the cocoa butter would work to keep new ones away. My all day nausea/fatigue is gone now at least. Now I just have to work to not gag because of smells, excessive saliva, toothpaste foam, etc or else I can still lose my meal. Every few days or so I need to lay down for a nap, but at least its not every day.

I'm thinking some of us have made it to the 20 week mark. Half way. Wow! :grin:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm a few days shy of the halfway mark and getting excited! We found it is a boy, our first boy in my family since my dad was born LOL. I'm kinda shocked, I have no idea what it's like living with boys in the house having grown up with women and having two girls myself. So I do feel like this will be a bit new even for a third timer like me. My husband is excited to break the estrogen stronghold. Even our pets are all female. (I think he secretly loves pretending he is king of the castle, but whatever.)

How are others doing?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been quiet around here lately. Maybe because of the holidays, but also life just gets busy. :) I'll be halfway next week as well and going in for my ultrasound. Happily, DH will be able to go as well. I remember the days when he was there for every single visit with the first pregnancy LOL. Now I'm glad he'll at least be able to go to 1 visit. :) Movements of the baby that I can feel are very sporatic. I'll be laying down some nights and I'll feel a little something. More like a poke than the flutters, but then I can go for days and not notice a thing. I would have thought that by now I'd be feeling movement every day but that's not the case. Oh well, soon enough I'll be at that stage. Our DDC is about halfway up the list already! Time really is passing quickly when you look back on it. Hope everyone is feeling like they're in the most comfortable part of pregnancy by now. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts