·
Registered
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, silly. They just are looking for something to blame for their child's coincidence disorder.
Good thing that coincidence disorder has been exhaustively studied and we know that it occurs at the same rate before teens receive the HPV vaccine as afterwards. I'm sure someone can give us a list of such studies.

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
I thinks it's awesome that they've formed their own registry and are vociferously soliciting Irish parents to contribute any adverse events. I feel like we get blank stares from most American citizens who've never heard of VAERS or VICP . . . . which is interesting when you consider that vaccine reactions are oh-so-rare. Yea, well, it's kind of hard to report one when you don't even know that you're able to report one. :duh

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I thinks it's awesome that they've formed their own registry and are vociferously soliciting Irish parents to contribute any adverse events. I feel like we get blank stares from most American citizens who've never heard of VAERS or VICP . . . . which is interesting when you consider that vaccine reactions are oh-so-rare. Yea, well, it's kind of hard to report one when you don't even know that you're able to report one. :duh
Report one...you have to realize there's something to report, that there *is* such a thing as a vaccine reaction FIRST. I think people in general have a mental block on reactions/side effects/consequences to their choices in general. How many people don't *believe* in food allergies? Don't *believe* it matters what you feed a baby (because all that matters is that you love them & you're happy!)? *Believe* that the FDA/CDC/govt run group wouldn't let something happen that would/could be bad for us? I think it goes deeper than that just not knowing there's a place to report reactions & how to make the report.

Sus

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Report one...you have to realize there's something to report, that there *is* such a thing as a vaccine reaction FIRST. I think people in general have a mental block on reactions/side effects/consequences to their choices in general. How many people don't *believe* in food allergies? Don't *believe* it matters what you feed a baby (because all that matters is that you love them & you're happy!)? *Believe* that the FDA/CDC/govt run group wouldn't let something happen that would/could be bad for us? I think it goes deeper than that just not knowing there's a place to report reactions & how to make the report.

Sus
Don't you think this is one of the reasons for the relentless denial of vaccine reactions? The endless "vaccines are safe" mantra? The attacks on anyone who talks about a reaction? So that anyone who does see something happen after a vaccine is inclined to believe they are mistaken, or that it is normal, or something like that.

Reactions: applejuice
1 - 6 of 6 Posts