Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other mama's have HSV and do not take Valtrex? I'm trying to get in with a homeopathic to treat HSV, but it's taking a few weeks. When i take valtrex it makes me feel so sick, body aches and head aches. I feel flu like the next day. I know this is not good for me. Just wondering what other's do to manage HSV?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I put carmex on any sores. Also I have heard that lemon balm helps. I take a Prenatal vitamin everyday and that seems to help. I see seem to have more outbreaks when I am stressed.<br>
Baking soda sitz bath helps with the burn/itch<br>
Also I had no out breaks when I used to smoke pot. Not sure if there is any connection.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's funny you said that about the pot..my sister is a chronic user..literally..she still has outbreaks if she doesn't stay on suppresive meds. ummm thanks for the info.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Valtrex does not work for me. Besides it is super<br>
expensive. I take Acyclovir. When I feel an outbreak<br>
coming on I take 3 400mg tabs once a day for 2 days<br>
and it stops the breakout. And Acyclovir is super<br>
cheap. Acyclovir is generic for Zovirax. Zorvirax is<br>
what Dr.'s used to use before Valtrex came on the<br>
market.<br>
Sorry I don't know of any natural ways to heal. But<br>
you might want to try the Acyclovir. And by the<br>
way, when you have a breakout you get flu like<br>
symptoms. When I actually breakout I run a fever,<br>
I'm tired, and my body aches.<br><br>
Sandi

·
Registered
854 Posts
Was thinking about it while trying to goto sleep. Havent had an outbreak in awhile. However witch hazel works, put it is a spray bottle and spritz pubic area. Also the walmart brand desatin has zinc oxide in it at about a 40% concentration that also help with the burning. I know this is all after the fact not sure how to actually surpress the outbreak, I personally had no luck with valtrex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts