Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not joking. We were at the midwives office on Friday, and he picked up a hypnobirthing pamphlet. Apparently there's a Hypnobirthing instructor in the Valley. Didn't know that. Well he's interested, Me, sure why not, I need some way to cope with Transition other than swearing like a sailor and if DD is gonna be stickin around for it gonna need some way to cope with it without traumatizing her.

I just find it odd that HE is the one to initiate "Hey lets take this course" Of course this is the first pregnancy he's ever been involved in, his first biological child....it's just WIERD ya know??? He's just been the "Well you've done this before, you know what you're doing, I'll just go along with" type guy.

Well He's the bread earner. I know I can cope with it, the Hypnobirthing would be REALLY nice to do, a great class to take, but if he doesn't want to fork out the cash for it, it's really no big deal to me.

It IS a serious expense. Worth the money, Hell yeah! but it IS an expense. Love him to bits but he's a very Frugal man at times.

Mabe because he brought it up? It might be less of a fight? I dunno. I *do* know he needs some prep. He's the worry type. I dont need worry vibes in my birthspace...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used hypnosis on my second birth. (Hypnobabies) I absolutely LOVED it!!!!! I went drug free, except for a shot of nubane at 7 cm(figured it would get me over the last hump
). I didn't go to a class though, I ordered it online from www.hypnobabies.com. I was truely amazed by how powerful it was. My ds came out in 9 minutes of pushing.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hey, if he's interested in taking the class, tell him to sign you up. He might feel good taking some initiative in birth preparation. (My husband loved those hypnobirthing classes, all those relaxation exercises - he says they were the best naps ever. At least the snorer was someone else's husband
)

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I told him since he wants to take a CBE class, I'm all for it, but he should research and find out which one he'll feel more comfortable attending. The classes are mostly for his benefit, to help him find his "niche" in this whole thing, and to get up to par as to what's expected of him, and what to somewhat expect during the labour/delviery/post partum phase.

I've been through this before, he hasn't. I know each labour/delivery is different, but I have a good idea what's coming. He doesn't. He'll need to know how to cope with me during that time, how to release HIS fear and protective instinct so it doesn't interfere with my birthing space. So he'll research what classes he's most interested in and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's awesome! It's great to have a DH who is involved.

I ordered the study guide through www.Hypnobabies.com also and it was AMAZING. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it was. I sat in my tub, breathing, not making a sound. The MW checked me and I was 9 cm!!!!
: You could have knocked me over with a feather. I had no idea I was that far along.

Anyway, I loved it so much I'm going to become an instructor! So I say, yeah, go for it!!

BTW, I took a Hypnobirthing class with my first pg, and I liked Hypnobabies much much better. Just my 2 cents!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.