Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or possibly no-see-ums. Not sure. I've never seen such a thing. Ds is 13 mos., and the swelling has gone down, but they are still red. He got bitten 3 days ago.<br><br>
What can I do next time to help the poor guy out? Someone mentioned crushing plantain leaves and putting the oil on there. Any other advice?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I get huge welts from mosquitoes and I tried some calendula gel on them for the first time this year - that stuff was miraculous! I use it all the time with ds and it works well for rashy things, so I figured why not. It took the red out and (most important!!) helped *immensely* with the itching. I had to reapply to a couple of really itchy ones, but it was great!

·
Registered
642 Posts
This is how a lot of babies react to mosquitos mine included. I usually don't put anything on there. Benadryl ointment/cream works okay if they are very itchy. You could try aloe too.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
I always reacted to mosquitos this way. It was an allergy, but never progressed to respiratory symptoms, thank heavens. I think pregnancy made my reaction milder, as it will sometimes do with allergies.<br><br>
I found that any effective antihistamine taken asap works best. And sometimes icing it can help with the pain/throbbing/itching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts