Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just recently stumbled upon the secular humanist and freethinker philosophies, and I really jive with them. I wonder if anyone has book recommendations that would lean in this direction for young kids. Chapter books and picture books are fine. Thanks!

· Registered
1,317 Posts
I don't know of any secular humanist books geared directly towards children but would love to hear what others might know of.

A parenting book that we've enjoyed is "Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion"

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read a bit of Parenting Beyond Belief, which lead me to 'Raising Freethinkers', which are my intros to those philosophies (or that they have names). I plan to buy Raising Freethinkers, since it has such great activities and resources for all age groups.

I am interested in the Dawkins book, too. I'll see if the library has that one. Thanks!

· Registered
3,031 Posts
Slightly different topic, but For Every Child a Better World by Kermit the Frog is about International Human Rights, and a great starting point for discussions.

I am interested to see what suggestions come up here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.