Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to see a new pediatrician this morning. I did vax ds (sorry, i was stupid) until he was 1 yr old. Then I stopped.<br>
Do I need to give the pediatrician a signed letter stating that I refuse for religious purposes? Or should I wait to see if they say anything about ds not being up to date on vax's?<br><br>
Thanks!<br>
Liz

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
It's up to you. Even though our ped practice respects our decision, I have a letter in my children's file at the office.<br><br>
You could also ask them to write the words, "PARENT RELIGIOUSLY OPPOSED TO IMMUNIZATION" across the vaccination record in your child's file.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doh, I didn't get the reply in time.<br><br>
I stated that I am not vaxing due to religious beliefs and guess what?<br>
He asked me what my religion is! I felt stuck. I didn't know if I could refrain from answering or if I should answer or what. I told him that I didn't want it to go into the record. I also asked him WHY he wanted to know my religion. He said "in case it impacts your medical decisions". I ended up telling him I'm pagan but now I wish I hadn't. Maybe I should have said I was a Christian Scientist. Or maybe I should have just stated that I do not wish to divulge that info. sigh.<br>
Other than that, the doc was great. LOL

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>lizc</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Maybe I should have said I was a Christian Scientist.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
It's probably better you didn't say you were a CS, since you wouldn't be in his office if you were. CS's have their own "practitioners." However, if you wanted, you could have said your beliefs are similar to that of Christian Science.<br><br>
Legally and spiritually, you are not required to be a member of a recognized religious organization or adhere to tenets of a recognized religion in order to hold a religious belief. Therefore, your religious affiliation (or lack thereof) is actually irrelevant in your situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts