Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if I should put this here or in health so I'll do both if it's allowed. My almost 4 year old ds is complaining that his penis really hurts when he pees. All looks fine. He can retract the forskin and it doesn't look red or swollen. He isn't having to pee constantly. No fever.<br><br>
Should I be taking him to the doctor to see if he has a urinary tract infection.

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
I guess it depends on how badly it hurts him and how long it has been going on. I'd give it a day or two. I'd give him some probiotics, as well, and make sure that he's drinking enough water.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I would ask where it hurts and what kind (stinging, burning etc) if he is able to understand that. Also, can you watch the next time he pees to see if there is any swelling or anything abnormal? Maybe there is a tiny cut on the inside of the foreskin that is stinging when he pees

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hmmm..<br><br>
Could he be holding it up until he's about to burst, then peeing? That may lead to a bit of hurt, couldn't it?

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
I would ask him were exactly it hurts and if he can point it out to you. It may be like a pp said a tiny cut or raw spot that burns. Does he retract to pee? If he dosnt then the urine can be getting in there and burning. He dosnt have to retract to pee of course only if he wants to but if he dosnt and that is when it hurts you could mention to him that if he pulls it back when he goes then it might not hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts