Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are your husbands or sig. others responding to your ppd? I am very frustrated with my husband. I have talked to him about my situation and what I need several times and it is in one ear and out the other. My current issue is that he thinks that affection is going to help me. Affection alone would be good but, for him, affection should lead to more. I have zero interest in anything more. It has nothing to do with him. It just isn't a priority when I can barely get through the day. He gets very frustrated when I don't want to go further than hugging and such as if it is personal. I tell him it isn't be it doesn't seem to soak in. So I give in so he thinks things are fine. Sorry to ramble. Our relationship has changed so much after the baby and the ppd and I am not sure what to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
((hugs))

my dh is the same way. i wish he'd hug me but if he does, he's going to want sex and i'm sick of cringing till it's over.

my husband isn't respomding well to my ppd
i came back from my first therapy session yesterday and he asked me if in the fall i will be able to work part time so that he can cut his own hours. that alone sent me into an episode
he said he thought it'd help. i tell him time and time again what i need and he gets mad at me. i need time away from the kids. i've got three under 5 with the youngest being 3.5 months. he thinks that after the big kids go to sleep it's ok to ditch me and and the babe to go drink and smoke in the garage with his friends. night after night. where's my time? he steps out and i assume responcibility for any kid that wakes...which is very often
i just want to fast forward 5 years!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding. I completely understand how you feel. Yesterday I had my husband read a few chapters out of my book on PPD. I think it helped him understand what is going on. So far he is being more understanding.

I work full time so I understand about going back to work. I think about going part time or taking a leave of absence until I am over this but I realize now that it is a combination of everything that overwhelms, not just one thing. I also need some alone time. Most of the time I just hand my baby over to my husband and say that I am going upstairs to read. Or I go out to run arrands. It isn't great me time but it is baby/husband free. I also go for walks. Mostly, I don't give him choices. If I do, he will decide to be lazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts