Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I substitute for a deli-meat sandwich in my husband's lunch? (And mine, for that matter.) High-protein, nutritious and not processed is what I'm going for.

He is really picky, too. I used to put apples and carrots in his lunch but he won't eat them anymore.
Lately he's been eating hamburgers every day. This has got to stop!

TIA

Edit: looking at my question, I guess the obvious answer would be to put real chicken in a sandwich, but that seems kind of laborious (cooking, etc), so any other ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I pack DH's lunch every day and he usually gets some variation on chicken + salad + fruit or nut. Cooking a chicken breast might seem like a lot of work, but it only is if you do it every day. I'll cook up a whole week's worth of chicken on Monday night and just pack it in DH's lunches over the course of the week. Much less hassle!

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
You could cook up a whole turkey breast (or a number of chicken breasts) and freeze the meat in sandwich-sized portions. Same with a ham, if he likes ham.

Does he like tuna- or egg-salad? That's minimal cooking and yet fulfills all your other requirements.

How about a bean-and-cheese burrito? Again, you could make up a number of these and freeze them, then pull out as many as needed. you can sneak all kinds of healthful stuff in there, too, if you think the burrito idea would fly.

HTH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.