Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband is making me mad!

When we started with cloth, I got 8 aplix covers (6 proraps and 2 bummis) and had 50 cpf delivered every wednesday. We were a pretty simple cloth diapering household. Then, jmunch started making trouble. Well, her and these women over on Livejournal who led me to fitted and websites and e-bay galore. Then, I had to have hemp and hemp prefolds topped with fleece.

My pay pal card was trembling from the work out.

Eventually I talked my hubby into ditching the service and buying our own prefolds. I bought two dozen from clothdiapersnmore. I bought a few fuzzy bunz. I bought a couple Wonderoos--I bought those from clothdaddy.. and I was not crazy about his customer service AT ALL.

Then, I met fitteds. I got three Sammy Sherpas. Then, I bought a new Cuddlebuns on e-bay for $8.

As my collection grew..very quickly as we've only been using cloth for two months... I decided that I didn't need so many prefolds, so I sold a dozen of them (they were still brand new) to a friend of mine. She also bought one of my wonderoos to try it out.

Well, in the last week, I've also ordered 4 cuddlebuns from wahmboutique, some more bummis Aplix because my husband likes them. I can't even remember everything else. Oh, and doodlebottoms is repairing one of my covers (it's fire engine red with dalmation print seudecloth lining) and that should come this week.

Okay, so see Sunday night my husband said he was changing the paypal password. He said he had had it ' up to here' with diapers. "They're for shitting on!!!!' he would say. But, well, and I am pretty certain I'm the only person here who does this.. or will admit to it at least... I played nice with his 'needs' on Sunday night. Because it makes him soft for a while. Well, now, see... he says that it's up to me to decide what we 'need' and 'don't need'.

Don't mess with me man!

I swear, he's like a father. He says, "well, you'll just have to make good choices!" Doesn't he understand!?!?! I can't make good choices! I've spent over $800 on diapers in a month.

And I have a full cart sitting at WAHMboutique and I was looking at SOS and really wanted the striped one. And and and...

He's not playing fair, because you know he's going to be mad at me if I DO buy more diapers, but he won't admit it. But, he didn't change the password. And I really want to have a bigger stack of pretty, all size matching cuddlebuns. And, and, and... they're pretty much one size, so they're an investment, right? right? right?

I think I need some help!

Hehehe. In other news, my baby started crawling and getting into everything.. and it's cloth related, because she wearing one in the picture! So it's alright to show off, right?Getting into stuff...

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
My husband says....

Sorry Caroline....Mommy can't change your diaper, she's buying more new ones....
He use to wonder why I had such an obsession with natural type things and diapers etc, now he just says..."Whatever makes you happy honey"
This is a change of pace though. I think he likes all the attention the really cute ones get from people walking up, or the old ladies saying how nice it is to see young people wearing cloth.

Sell him on the point that after you use them you can resell and get $$$ back.
I do not think I will sell mine until I now for sure if I can maybe have ONE more baby, then I think I'll gift them.

Anyhow, give the resell thing a whirl.

ETA...I think you need MY DDDDC! 800$ in a month? Wowzers!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Well I was reading an article in a parenting mag last night about how you should have a date night wiht your spouse and not talk about work or the kids.

I jokingly said, "What on earth would we talk about?"

And Dh replied, "Diapers!
"

:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkpmomtoboys
Well I was reading an article in a parenting mag last night about how you should have a date night wiht your spouse and not talk about work or the kids.

I jokingly said, "What on earth would we talk about?"

And Dh replied, "Diapers!
"

:
Sometimes I wish I went to work.. just do I could have SOMETHING to talk about with him. I swear, he comes home and talks about coding and software and electronics... then HE gets irritated with me for talking about nothing but diapers!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by momsmyjob
Seriously though, dont' make him too mad. Dh did this to me. He closed out joint account last year and now I get a monthly allowance.
How much is your allowance?

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
My dh doesn't know. We have separate bank accounts. The news would shock him.

I have failed at all my diaper-buying goals. These include:
- Only check the TP when there is actually something I'm looking for; not just because I'm bored.
- Don't order any dipes until the ones I'm waiting on have already arrived.
- Don't buy more than one diaper a week.

Any unexpected money I get has immediately gone to diapers. Like if I order something from Amazon and then it turns out to be out of stock so I get a $20 refund on my credit card, I go right over to the TP or Naturalbabies and buy something.

I'm also glad I'm the one who gets the mail because I get a diaper or two every week at least.

And dh doesn't even like cloth! If he's the one who gets to the changing table first, he uses sposies.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
I'm lucky that the women and girls around here have commented on DS's cloth bum while DH was out with him. So now he thinks diapers are a chick magnet!!!! So I get to buy more diapers, and DH gets young girls to talk to him!

:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nym
I'm lucky that the women and girls around here have commented on DS's cloth bum while DH was out with him. So now he thinks diapers are a chick magnet!!!! So I get to buy more diapers, and DH gets young girls to talk to him!

:
hahaha! That's how I got my husband to give me peace and quiet in the weeks after my daugther was born. He took her to the bank in a carrier when she was 6 days old.. everyone was gushing over him 'going out without mommy' and he was just done for at that point. I got like an hour every night all to myself for a while there!

·
Registered
813 Posts
My dh is a huge cloth advocate...now.
He loves getting people's attention when he takes them out in a shirt and diaper. Especially if it's one of HIS favorites! LOL

The only time he mentions selling buying is when he knows I have a "hyena" diaper...then he tells me to sell it and get the moolah!

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
As much as I would like to save you from knowing...It's all of us that sit and wait and stalk then pounce on a popular diaper. We act really goofy and we have a one track mind..THAT item, ot THAT WAHM's stocking.

We are all sick.

LOL.
\luv,
Summie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts