Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my husband has a slightly quirkly taste in baby names, and most of my his first name suggestions for our son had to be vetoed. However, he is insisting on getting to choose the middle name, and is set on Isaacson. This is typically a last name, meaning (obviously) "son of Isaac". But, my husband's name is actually Isaac. It seems a bit cheesy to me. Am I being too harsh?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I think it's fine. My first born son has the middle name of Isaac, because it's also DH's middle name. But if DH's first name was Isaac and he wanted Isaacson as a middle name for DS, I would have been okay with it.

To me, middle names don't really matter that much. I mean, who ever even knows what your middle name is unless you mention it or are asked?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
To me, middle names don't really matter that much. I mean, who ever even knows what your middle name is unless you mention it or are asked?
Everyone knew my middle name. I got in trouble a lot!

gen1980: I like it. it could an old world feel to it provided you don't pick something hippie-trendy to go with it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I think that would be your ds's last name in Iceland so you could look at it that way

BTW I have a ds named Isaac so i like that name.
I don't think it's cheesy, though definitely quirky. And I agree that many people won't know his middle name anyway.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
It's not bad as a middle name, in fact I know several people who have "last names" as their middle name - to honor a family member or something along those lines. It's cute, if you like it definitely go for it.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I think it's nice. It doesn't sound weird at all and it's chosen by his father.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
I like it and I think it would be honorable for your son to have it.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I think its' adorable. It's a middle name, probably won't be used much, just something sweet to make your dh smile and give him a neat connection to his kid, which you can explain to your son when he's older.
:

It's not weird at all to me. But my kids quite literally have their father's first name as their last name for cultural reasons.
My dh is "Josiah" [Lastname](anglicized for anonymity) so the kids are [Firstname] Josiah.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
oh I think it's very cute!!

but somehow "Seanson" doesn't have the same ring to it

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.