Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gals ! I recall when this started up thinking "oh it won't last" so I didnt' pay much attention to it, but it seems to be doing very well. The thing is, I can't quite figure out WHAT it is!?

Why do WAHMs have full blown stores and then create a seperate storefront for this cart? I am lost?
Can someone fill me in on the reason/benefit?

Most of the stores I saw are set up like elaborate auction templates to some extent?

I'm sure some of you can enlighten me as to what little WAHM secret I missed out on here

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think it's popular because it gets a lot of traffic. I set up a store there for me even though I have a website just to get a little more notice. I plan on stocking special instock sets every once in a while. Someone who may not know about my website may notice my hyena cart store and I may get a sale on hyena cart that I wouldn't have on my site.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have a full blown store, and a HC. I like it for a lot of reasons. For one, I pay $5 a month but if I take a month off I pay nothing. Great for me, since I do mostly customs and wanted a place for some occasional in stock stuff. Last month I was too exhausted to do stock so I didn't do anything and it didn't cost me. Very nice! It's great exposure too, it's like advertising that pays me. I tried getting this exposure a few different ways but the HC is what has really paid off for me. It's also super easy, even for me, to figure out how to use it.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Well for me I have my main site for customer service type stuff, gallery, policies, pricing, etc.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is my main site is more an "Informational" page and then my cart is linked to Hyenacart and they both match.

I agree with Lynski that the publicity is the very nice part. Also being able to take a month off if you don't plan to stock. A pay as you go and it not a use it or loose it type of thing.

And also another benefit is you don't have to belong to a ton of YAHOO groups IMO. You can just go to their daily stocking calendar and see who'll be stocking soon or who "has" recently stocked. Hope that helps a bit

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Most web sites that take orders will need SOME sort of shopping cart... so for a lot of people, I think hyenacart is a good prefab option - doesn't take a lot of work or money.

Also, for WAHM's that make products which fly off the shelves... hyenacart will NOT oversell items. This is very important if your items sell out in less than 2 minutes! Most shopping carts will let you put the item in your cart, and then when you check out and pay it deducts the item from inventory... hyenacart doesn't have a "checkout" process, you just commit to buy the item, and then you pay for it, but it's already been deducted from inventory.

That's my understand anyway, I haven't used it so I could have some of the details wrong.

I do think the publicity is really great for hyenacart too... even if someone completely unknown and starting out, people will see them on the hyenacart stocking calendar and check them out. Sometimes I think it's easy for new merchants to get lost on the 'net.

·
Registered
257 Posts
For me the reason i used hyena cart is because I couldnt find a shopping cart that was free (or very low cost) that had inventory control except wahmshoppes and I REFUSE to use them. So i used hyena cart just as my instock store. I had everything else on my webpage but my instock store was on HC. I agree for the people who are serious hyena and cant keep an item instock for longer than2 minutes hyenacart is VERY helpful.

I think i will keep using hyenacart now that I haev a shopping cart with inventory control more for special stockings...or if I want to do an auction or something...but not everyday like I was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.