Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Quick question here, sorry I don't want to post this in the baby names thread, thought more people would look here!<br><br>
What do you think of the name Hyland for a boy?   Obviously we're looking for something unique and different and there's special meaning behind the name... but we were wondering if it sounds absolutely ridiculous or not. <br><br>
We are 100% settled on a girls name but after I mentioned Hyland, DH is doubting whether or not we should keep the boy name we picked. <br><br>
Can I get some feedback here please?  That would be most excellent!  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!</p>

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
<p>I guess I'm not a huge fan, mostly because for some reason I associate it with gas station milk brands--Hyland Dairy or Hyland Farm or something? I can't remember where I've seen it before but at least with that spelling it looks sort of corporate to me. Though perhaps that's just my weird association...I tried googling "Hyland dairy" and didn't come up with much so maybe it's a brain fart on my part, but I can't get it out of my head.</p>

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
<p>I like it, but I also associate it with something.... Hyland's teething tablets (which would be funny if you used them).  But it does sound good as a name and seems like it would go well with most middle names. </p>

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
<p>The first thing I think of is teething tablets. I don't think it's a bad name though.</p>

·
Registered
822 Posts
<p>Ditto on the association with the teething/colic tablets! I was actually wondering to myself when I read the topic "ummmm - why wouldn't hyland's work for boys? It's just teething tablets!" LOL</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't think its a bad name at all - if you can deal with the association anyways!</p>

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>hahah, well thank you ladies.  I have never heard of Hyland's teething tablets.....  We're still debating! Thank you for the input! :)</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts