Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a recommendation for hylands c+ cold medicine in another forum so I bought some but then realized afterwards that directions only are for those over 1 year old...
is it safe to give it to my 6 month old daughter?

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
If it has an added Vitamin C supplement, I wouldn't do it. But if it's strictly a homeopathic, then I might consider it, though at half dosage.

Honestly, we found the best thing for our baby when she had a cold was a cool mist humidifier in our bedroom at night, and letting her be in the bathroom when I showered. The humidity helped open her sinuses.

Sorry your wee one's sick.

·
Registered
608 Posts
my dd just went through a cold and I had great luck with Boiron's ColdCalm. the good thing about homeo med is that you can't really overdose or give the wrong thing... it just won't work. Since she is almost 8m I quartered the tablet and gave her 1/4 everytime she went to sleep (2-4hours). If you notice an imporvement then stop dosing until need again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.