Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I went to the doc on tuesday because I'm hot and sweaty all the time and I'm losing a lot of hair. I'm comfortable when it's 60 degrees in the house. The kids and DH are bundled up and I'm sweating in a tank top. I'm also 3 1/2 months postpartum. The doc felt my thyroid and it was enlarged and my resting temp was 99 and resting heartrate was 132 (122 after they let me sit for a bit). The doc had blood drawn. She checked thyroid, allergies, celiac, blood counts, glucose, and a couple other things. I got the call today that my thyroid hormones are way off. The TSH is .01 with normal being .35-5.0 so it's REALLY low. The T4 (thyroxine) was 2.86 with normal being under 2 (I can't remember the minimum value). She prescribed an antithyroid drug and a beta-blocker. I'm breastfeeding and not thrilled to take anything. I'm going to have more detailed labs done tomorrow and I'm going to have an ultrasound the beginning of next month. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Has anyone gone through this? I'm also concerned that the meds will cause weight gain, they both have it as a side effect. I've lost 50 of the 100 I gained with my last two pregnancies and the weight is hurting my knees and causing high blood pressure and cholesterol. The hyperthyroidism is apparently the cause of my fairly easy weight loss. I'm also tired most of the time and have little motivation to do anything, a tough spot to be in with four kids.</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts