Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I remember there was a thread on hypnobabies a while back but I could not find it. I have never tried this program before and am curious. It sounds like it could work but before I shell out all that money, I have a question. The marketing on the website keeps referring to "having an enjoyable birthing experience". Is it one of those types that - even when you are in an unbelievable amount of pain - tries to tell you that everything is all rainbows and sunshine? I like the idea of hypnosis to block pain but not if some woman is sweetly cooing in my ear about how beautiful the experience is when I am screaming and grunting in pain. In the words of Judge Judy, "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining." So, anyone familiar enough with this program who could answer that question? Thank you in advance

· Registered
280 Posts
I don't know what to tell you, because I was never in pain when using Hypnobabies to give birth. I used it twice, and had two totally comfortable births. There are a number of techniques that can be used during the birth, some of which involve hypnosis cues you use yourself, others that your support people can use, and you also have several hypnosis scripts you can listen to. Everyone uses it a little bit differently, based on their needs. I found the Birth Guide CD to be priceless, and really enjoyed having it on throughout the entire birth. Everything it talked about perfectly described what I was experiencing. If I was momentarily surprised by a change in intensity (like when my water literally exploded across the room and my previously un-engaged baby dropped from firmly under my ribs all the way past my cervix instantly), my husband used the instant hypnosis cues to return me to calm comfort before it became painful.

· Registered
2,999 Posts
I used hypnobirthing with Ds and am getting hypno babies for this birth I can't wait hypnobirthing did help me a lot but I have heard that hypnobabies is way way better. I am buying it off of a mama on here it is the 4th eddition I know that there is at least 5 but I do not mind what one it is! I think STBDH will really like it as he will have something he knows he can do and my mother will be awsome with it too hey it may even calm stbdh down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.