Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MIL is taking me shopping to get YDD birthhday presents this weekend. Anyone know any stores in Lexington area that have non MiC quality wooden toys??? I haven't gotten to order her anything. B/C we're broke

·
Registered
321 Posts
There is a little toy shop in the Lexington Center place that is connected to Rupp Arena. There might be a better place though - I just moved here and I don't know the area well. I saw some nice games and things at Joseph Beth today and wild oats too - you can always get bubble bath and crocs there with your toys

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant beleive I forgot about wild oats and joseph beth. I thought about them earlier in the week. We ended up getting some puzzles from target. I'll have to try and actually remember these places for christmas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki Gard View Post
There is a little toy shop in the Lexington Center place that is connected to Rupp Arena. There might be a better place though - I just moved here and I don't know the area well. I saw some nice games and things at Joseph Beth today and wild oats too - you can always get bubble bath and crocs there with your toys

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Wild Oats has some Melissa and Doug toys that are really cute! But Target actually has some natural stuff. Oh and Toys-R-Us has a little wooden section too!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was so rushed yesterday. But, I knew target had the best quality/quickest to get to 2 hours before the party, and had forgotten about wild oats. Most of the presents we got were good (my friend searched and searched, she said toy buying is way to difficult) My mom got Lexi an Elmo cell phone, and then my BIL opened it, so I cant return it, so that will probably be one of the toys that stay at DH's house when we separate, until the batteries die. MIL and I went shopping together, and Lexi got a Parents brand ball pounder (I wish it wasn't plastic, but at least it doesn't make music/lights) Kamille got some animals (Schleich) b/c yesterday morning she pointed out to me that her elephant and giraffe went in the zoo, and there are lots of other animals in the zoo too, but all she had was an elephant and a giraffe. "I don't have any tigers, but they live in the zoo, and I dont have any zebras, and they live in the zoo, etc." Yeah, she knows how to get what she wants
Granny wanted to get her a gift anyways so she didnt get too jealous (but of course Lexi's toys are better) and a puzzle that had mom and baby animals (because everything is a mom and baby lately, salt shakers, water bottles, etc.) Everything I helped MIL pick out was MIC, but I feel better about the stuff we got than if MIL had went and gotten her something Fisher Price at wal-mart. I'll be more prepared for christmas, and then anything I dont like can go live at daddys house

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.