Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been so many disruptions in schedules and changes today that all three kids are going to be having hard days. They are already having a hard night.<br><br>
Landlord is putting a new roof on...and the kids are going to be up at least 1 1/2 hours if not more past their bed time.<br><br>
DS1 (sleep apnea)- he will have an attitude from down under probably, because he didn't get enough sleep tonight, or we will have a struggle getting him up in the morning.<br><br>
DS2 (speech apraxia and articulation disorder; possible sensory issues and sleep issues) - he has been hit the worse today...his IEP program was unexpectedly cancelled w/o warning (found out when bus didn't show up to pick him up)....so that change has been difficult and made him a bit extra hyper...he also is up at least 1 1/2 hours up past bedtime due to roofers still working....then he doesn't have his private pre-school ( so maybe he will actually sleep in and wont be so bad)...we have already had issues today with meltdowns...<br><br>
DD2 - typical 2 1/2 year old, excessively tired, but the noise is keeping her up...

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
It's Wednesday...how are you doing? Remember, sometimes just getting through a particularly activity (getting ready for school, finishing a meal, etc) with all of your children alive is a *great* success!!!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the best behaved so far has been the 2 1/2 year old.<br><br>
DS1 is tired and having major attitude because he couldn't take lemonaid to school (I would have sent it if it has been homemade as it wouldn't have a high sugar content, but it was Country Time and the school doesn't want the kids having a lot of sugar), so that caused a melt down..<br><br>
DS2 has already been in trouble today. The roofers wife was here when we got home, and he thought the kids would be with her, so while I was on the phone with DH, he opened the cardoor, jumped out, ran behind the van and across the street...(mind you we live on a major through street for the hospital and school)...kept him happy in the car with a movie, so he was no trouble there...<br><br>
But, DS2 was up multiple time through the night, and was literally sleeping on top of me, even after the melatonin (2 hours late for bed time due to the roofers), but was asleep in a matter of minutes after going to bed. DS1 melted down about bedtime and where he wanted to sleep. DD2 was up for another hour, and wouldn't calm down until DH went for a car ride with her...and then she was up joining us in the middle of the night as well (tossing and turning on me as well).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts