Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah. So I had plans on Saturday afternoon and Jeremy told me he already saw them twice so he would notbe seeing them on Saturday at his scheduled time. Whatever. He had a lunch scheduled at his Dad's since his brother is in town. He invited my kids and me and then reniged because the kids aren't welcome there since they are not immunized...Sigh...Ridiculous.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Quote:
Yeah. So I had plans on Saturday afternoon and Jeremy told me he already saw them twice so he would notbe seeing them on Saturday at his scheduled time. Whatever. He had a lunch scheduled at his Dad's since his brother is in town. He invited my kids and me and then reniged because the kids aren't welcome there since they are not immunized...Sigh...Ridiculous.
I hear you. Similar situation here. Then the next few weeks something is always coming up to prevent regular visits.

· Registered
213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugchild77 View Post
He invited my kids and me and then reniged because the kids aren't welcome there since they are not immunized...Sigh...Ridiculous.
What??? That's weird, like they are going to give everyone something? Ignorance is infuriating.

· Registered
6,415 Posts
OMG! SO I'm not the only one, huh? My stbx's on call schedule screws up regular visits, which is fine, but he was ok with having only one weekend the whole month of Jan with them because you know he needs a weekend when he isn't on call or having kids. I am so inflexible. You know cause I don't have them 24/7.

· Registered
1,867 Posts
to all of you mommas and your kids.

This just infuriates me, the NCP, usually Dad, can just skip visits, skip phone calls, whenever they feel like it with no ramifications whatsoever. The court holds them accountable for almost nothing. Regular visitation is important for the children and if they don't do it its no big deal, they can just waltz back around when they feel like it. KWIM? Its clearly not best for the kids when the visits are irregular and sporadic, yet there is no recourse for the CP.

I'm sorry you are all dealing with this, I wish there was a solution. Luckily at this point I only deal with (many) missed phone calls and the "I called" games. Ex knew we were going to be out of town and to call on my cell phone, of course he did not but he did call at home...so there is record of his call. I was listening to some old VM messages a couple of days ago and there were some from ex, he has a habit of calling much later than the scheduled time, when he does manage to call. So there are 3 messages in a row, first one at 6:50 pm, he is supposed to call at 6:30 he has been consistently late so I gave him until 6:45 to call or he forfeits the call. The first message at 6:50, "Hi, its me its 6:40, blah blahblah", Next message at 7:05, "Hi its me, its 6:40...", 3rd message at 7:25 "Hi its me its 6:40"
: There were a ton of messages like this from different days that he was supposed to call and called late.

Sorry to hijack - I am sick of the games and the screwing around with our kids too.

· Registered
6,415 Posts
Man! the calls! Yes! Mine *never* calls the kids without prompting, and then when he does agree to call, same thing. Leaves a message on the homephone so the kids know he "tried" though *he* knows to call the cell, and we have had that conversation probably 10 times in the last 3 or 4 months, but he never does!! So lame. Don't they *want* to talk to their kids? I can not imagine!
My older four kids were staying with my mom for a couple of weeks, and I saw or called them every single day they were there! I can't imagine going days on end without calling or seeing my kids. It would kill me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.