Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(and incase you don't see my signature...dd1 was a 27 weeker)

Last week on Thursday I started having contractions, so I went in...turns out they were every 5 minutes and strong...dialated to 3. Went on Mag (gastly stuff) for a day until my body couldn't take it anymore. (Literally, I was on 100% oxygen) They turned that off, and put my on Procardia xl. (Anyone ever read that this was not for use in PG women?
: ) Anywho, my uterus remained calm after that and after a biophysical profile was done, and baby scored well they sent me home on bedrest and to continue the procardia.

WELL...I was discharged on Saturday and so far everything has been well. However today I have noticed a massive decrease of baby movement. Like before baby would roll around in my belly so anyone could see her, kick, ect. Now baby will just have slight kicks (feels like towards my cervix) and no real movement like before.

I know in my discharge instructions they said to call if this should happen....but I just want some other insight here. Is there anything I can do to get baby moving? (I've eaten everything I can think of, salty, spicy and sugary, lol) Honestly I just do not want to go back to that evil place (hospital) but certainly will if all other options have been exhaulted.

Thanks in advance
Beth

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I'm so sorry!

I know you don't want to go back the hospital, but especially since you've been taking so many meds, it's probably best to get there sooner rather than later. If the decreased movement is because of distress, the longer the distress the greater the chance of problems.

I know you didn't want to hear that. I'm sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I'm so sorry for the complications.

I would call my provider ASAP. Diminished movement was a red flag that my OB warned me about every time I saw her. A BPP or NST is prolly in order. Have they given you the steroids yet?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well ladies, I went into the Hospital last night, and low and behold the little monster started flailing up a storm the second I put a gown on.

I was kinda peeved at the doctor on call though (my doctor was doing a delivery) because when she came in and looked at the monitor, baby was very happy. She then went on to tell me that "next time do this, this, this and this before you come in". She made me feel VERY bad for coming in.
However later, after some more monitoring, she spoke with my normal doctor and my doc informed her of my history of PTL, how I am currently on bedrest for the same, yada yada. She then came back in an apologized (yes, a doctor actually apologized!) and said she didn't know I had "history" (I thought they pulled records? I was just discharged Saturday...the nurse in triage knew all about me!) and that I had to "look her in the eye" and promise her I was ONLY in there for decreased fetal movement, and not because I was having contractions or anything.
: Hmmm duh lady, if I were having contractions wouldn't they be ON MY STRIP and wouldn't I tell you?

Oh bother, lol

BUT anywho, baby is "very happy".
And Rainbowz, yes I've had the steriod injections

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I agree, go and get checked. It's better to spend a day in L&D and have your mind put at ease than to sit home and stress about it.

eta: I was on the procardia for babe #2, and it kept him baking for a few weeks longer - he was a 35 weeker.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Glad to see your back and still pregnant...

I think I would have gone off on that doc during her lecture, but at least she apologized. Docs are only human. Also glad to see the steroids are on board for you and babe.

I had that happen as well. I had decreased movement, about noon, called in at 2, got in at 4 and Sydney started kicking a storm in their lobby.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just to add my 2 cents...my doctor told me that the monitors, while great tools, do NOT catch all contractions all the time on all people. This is especially true for women with extra padding in the middle even while pregnant.

I've had this confirmed by nurses too. I had one nurse who said she preferred to feel the belly than rely on the monitors...she felt she had a more realistic view of what was going on.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
glad that she apologized, but uh, I'd defintiely ask to NEVER see here again next time you're in. It would scare the heck out of me to have PTL and go in and have he doc not even bother to read your chart enought o know that you were JUST there with PTL issues. Nuts!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.