Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah, okay. Well, I knew Selissa was tech a late June-er too. It isn't this board that is bothering me but my parentsplace one. People are often several days ahead. Mostly it irritates me because they are getting induced early and such.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Jealous!

Yeah, my OB has me a couple days behind where I figured, which is fine with me as in case I'm late (again) they'll be less in a rush to induce.

Hey, Nordic - Have we noted how our 1st kids, and our new EDDs are only 2 days apart? My DD's bday is Aug 8 and my EDD is July 26. Funny.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pom
Hey, Nordic - Have we noted how our 1st kids, and our new EDDs are only 2 days apart? My DD's bday is Aug 8 and my EDD is July 26. Funny.
No, I hadn't noticed that before. What a coincidence!

Is your almost 4-year old looking forward to becoming a big sis?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, not two days apart but my dd was born Aug 20, 2001.

I think my almost 4-year old is in for one heck of a shock. I am actually starting to get pretty worried about how she is going to deal with this.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by leosmama20
Well, not two days apart but my dd was born Aug 20, 2001.

I think my almost 4-year old is in for one heck of a shock. I am actually starting to get pretty worried about how she is going to deal with this.
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. I had to explain to ds this morning that the new baby would be sleeping in our bed, in what used to be 'his' place (he moved into his own room a few months ago - although he still comes in to us sometimes), and he was not happy about it. He offered to let her sleep in his room and move in with us again!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I was originally panicked about the close birthday thing, but it's ended up being great -- DD keeps saying how she's getting a baby for her birthday and how everyone will come to see her and Grandma will make DD a special birthday cake...(all our family's on east coast)...so that's kind of exciting for her. I am in no state of mind to plan a real birthday party for her, so this works out well.

BUt yeah, she's excited. I worry she'll think it's her job to care for the babe...Everyone keeps telling her how that's what big sisters do, but I keep trying to tell her all she has to do is love her, and that sometimes she'll be annoyed with baby and that's ok.

I am concerned about sleeping arrangements. DD has her own room and bed and starts there at night, but ends up with us 99% of the time by midnight. And while at first she was talkign about how she was gonna stay in her own bed so the baby doesn't wake her up ("I need my sleep to grow.") now she's talking about how she'll sleep "next" to baby and snuggle. Uhhhh...we have a queen bed. No!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sounds like we are dealing with a lot of the same issues, Pom.

Tom still comes in to us most nights as well - but we are now at the stage where we don't allow it before 4 am. Not that we lock the bedroom door or anything, but I gently take him back to his own bed and tuck him back in again. I am worried that he'll want to sleep with us again full time once the baby comes. In principle I have no objections, but he is such a restless sleeper, I just can't see it working for us!

He's also looking forward to having a 'birthday' with cakes and presents when his baby sister arrives - and he is going to be singing 'happy birthday' to her, he says.

Who knows, maybe I am worrying for nothing.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm in the 37 week club too
Full-term!!!

My dd also talked about wanting to stay in her bed all night so she could sleep, but is now talking about cuddling with baby at night. We also only have a queen....buying a trundle type thing for under the bed, hopefully she'll like that. She mainly just wants to be near.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Yes, we bought a cosleeper for the baby, but rememer not using it much with DD...just getting her over that bar was exhausting to me, lol. Most of my parenting philosophies honestly have more to do with laziness than anything else. For awhile DH was taking the time to help DD sleep back down in hew own bed, but we've all become to tired to keep it up. She'd do it better with me, but the plan was for him to be the comforter in prep for when babe came...ah well.

Nordic - I wiash I had the energy to walk her back to bed...but she rarely even comes in on her own...she just whines and hollers until we go in there. Although I've told her she can come in on her own...she just won't (only once in awhile).

DD also talks about singing Happy Birthday! And bought the new babe her first snow globe (a very important item to DD) for when she visits in the hospital the first time.

MoD -- I hope we are all worrying about nothing...isn't that the point of waiting for them to be 4 yrs apart in age?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yeah we cosleep with DS and have not done anything about what to do next... LOL. Ermmm... think we better start thinking about it???
I have a feeling we'll have 2 in bed for a while... thankfully its a king.
take care

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.