Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a question

Thanks to Nym (Vanessa) I am now the proud owner of a bunch of prefolds and covers. What a nice momma to come over, show me how it all works, then leave part of her stash for me to try (then she let me buy a bunch
).

I have fluffymail (is that the right term) flying through the country to end up in my mailbox soon, and couldn't be happier. DH thinks I am a bit strange, but eh..happens alot.

I love reading all about every kind of diaper known to humankind on this forum, but don't quite get the whole stalking (or stocking) thing and spending $40 for a diaper. But I will soon enough.

Sooo I was surfing diaper sites while the kids napped and noticed all the wool soakers and thought......how hard is it to make those?

So how hard is it to knit the wool soakers? I can knit a bit. I made a few sweaters for the kids, one had cables and a colour pattern. Is it really hard? What kind of wool do you use?

Or should I just buy one?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I can't knit to save my life but my DH is actually learning now. If it were up to me I'd say just buy one but I'm not patient when comes to soakers, I just want to have it in my hands.

Congrats on starting and good luck!!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I'm so lacking in the domestic department that I'd need safety goggles to knit. Needless to say... I bought my soakers

Welcome to the fluffy side (aka the dark side :LOL )

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
my very first project knitting project was a pair of soaker shorts. It was super easy.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to read knitting patterns so I just measured out a pair of dd's shorts did a gauge stitch and a bit of math to figure out how many stitches to do and then knit to match the dimentions of her shorts. I did each leg as a seperate identical pannel and then stitched 'em together.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/too...&.dnm=b7d7.jpg

·
Registered
251 Posts
That Nymmy is such a sweetheart!

I just finshed my first soaker that I am happy with. It was from one of the free patterns posted here. Of course, I have to wait another 5 months before I know if it'll actually WORK for me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts