Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else suffering from this. I am so worried it will effect the baby.
I have heard women dont sleep well during the end of there pregnancies, but sleep all the time in the beginining. I am concerned that its not good during the first trimester.
I am missing work so I can catch up on sleep during the day and I have to struggle just to do that, and I have a half hour commute and I am scared to death to drive after no sleep
: .

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
I'm not sleeping well either, but mines more due to a toddler not sleeping well, than the pregnancy. During my first pregnancy, I slept crappy the entire time. I never slept through the night, took forever to fall asleep, woke up early. It sucked. My dd doesn't seem that effected over it (though I think maybe her trouble sleeping might be a little related)

Hang in there!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm having trouble sleeping, too. It's a combination of wacky hormones, having to pee during the night, and my 3-yr-old needing extra hugs at inconvenient hours. I've been working at home due to the fact that my office is 95+ degrees with no AC, so I'm trying to make myself nap every afternoon. Most people don't have that luxury.

I don't think I slept well with my first pg either. I remember thinking it was ironic that sleep deprivation started before the baby was even born.

Hang in there! I hope your body can work out a good balance.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I slept horribly weeks 4 and 5 and was totally concerned about the same thing. Up until this week, I've been sleeping great, but now I'm sleeping horribly again. I guess we just have to have faith in our bodies -- they will make us sleep when they absolutely need it and won't let us go without for too long.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I can't sleep worth crap either, the majority of the time. And I'm sooooo tired. And I have a 20 month old who is a terrible sleeper, and on top of it he's got a cold. Ugh!
Speaking of which, I need to get to bed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts