Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I talked to the midwives in Ottawa. Basically the situation is they might be able to attend me in the hospital but it also might be possible when I go in that the OB on shift will take care away from the midwives and then decide whether or not I am allowed to labour. I called the other midwives at the place 3.5 hours from me and their situation is they can attend a home away from home VBAC but they are not allowed to do VBAC's in the hospital so if I required transport they would not be allowed to retain care of my case. So basically I would be at the mercy of some doctor I'd never met. Both places said that I will have to be put on a waiting list and I won't know anything for 6-8 weeks because they have to let all their local people and previous clients in first. So basically they will book up all of February and then if there are any spaces left they might be able to fit me in. I feel like banging my head against a wall right now. I can't afford to pay for a midwife, the only possible person I found is in the US and I would have to pay all their travel expenses plus their regular fee. We are really tight for money and that just isn't possible. I am going to end up with a scheduled c-section, aren't I? I am so upset I wish I had never gotten pregnant. I don't want another c-section!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I heard back from someone at the practice 3.5 hours from me that can do a home away from home birth. They said you CAN VBAC in hospital (I guess the first person was wrong) and asked me some more questions about my situation. I would be labouring and birthing at someone's home I met on ICAN e-mail list. Anyways they said they will call me back within a few days to let me know! I really hope this works out, it would be so awesome!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top