Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dizzy today.<br><br>
I woke up but couldn't get up this morning for a little while because every time I opened my eyes the room would spin. So I finally get up and stumble into get ds from his crib (where luckily he is playing happily)<br><br>
I almost fell down when I was getting him some juice. Dh came home at 11 today so he has been doing most everything because the room keeps spinning on me and I'm just sitting here. I got up to take my bowl back it the kitchen and I had to stop and just hang on while the room was spinning and I was blacking out. I feel as if I was up all night drinking.<br><br>
Blah...

·
Registered
462 Posts
maybe you should have your bp checked? probably its nothing but you may want to check to be on the safe side. I hope you feel better!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I'm so sorry you're having a day like that! Ditto to the BP, do you have a cuff at home? Perhaps also drink a bunch of water and take vitamin C -- I often get very dizzy before coming down with an illness. Hope you feel better!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I had a dizzy spell yesterday after I had a nap. I fell asleep in our recliner and I wondered if I had been to flat on my back and my blood flow had been interrupted. Mine went away after a couple hours. I laid down on my side and had a big glass of water. That seemed to help.<br><br>
Hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Chicky, please get checked out. I had this and my potassium levals were so low that they were scared my heart would stop. It may be nothing, but always better to get checked.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I am extremely dizzy lately, I know that almost-hangover feeling you're talking about. I'm pretty sure I have a really nasty inner ear infection.<br><br>
You have had such a rough time. -gives backrub-

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to an appointment yesterday and all was fine. I'm drinking water and I'll see how that does me. I managed to get up a few mins ago and it was better.<br><br>
I have a cuff some where ... but don't know where. I always have had low blood pressure.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Initially before I got to the post where you had seen your provider today I was going to say it sounded like you had vertigo. That is not usually associated with hypovolemia or dehydration (unless you are so dizzy you are vomiting with it). It is usually treated with a drug called meclizine orally. I don't know what herbs or homeopathics are used as I have never had it personally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts