Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here goes....

Dh got a new job, and new hours, he now works tue thru sat 7am to 4 pm, when he gets home its in front of the computer napping, then its dinner, then another nap, at 10 pm he is in bed, I am with the kids 24/7 and seem to be a single parent now. and I am getting pissed, I need a break, I need help, and I am not getting it. And he doesn't seem to understand that. I pay half the bills with the money I get every month, so its not like he is the sole provider, am I being selfish? would it kill him to help out at night?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I think you really need to sit down and talk with your DH....his hours are not that bad *at all* and he most definalty should be helping out........he takes 2 naps between the time he gets home at 10pm????? That seem a bit excessive to me....or maybe I wish I could get some of that rest LOL!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Tuesday through Saturday, 7-4? That's not bad at all, as hours go.

Is he falling asleep, or deliberately napping? Is he tired all the time? Does he snore at night? Sometimes, excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) can be a symptom of a sleep disorder like obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). I bring that up because I'm currently monitoring a couple of clinical trials dealing with sleep disorders, and that's what your description of his sleep habits brought to the front of my mind.

If any of the above statements I made are true (snoring, falling asleep when he's not actively engaged in an activity, or EDS), he might want to get himself to the doctor for an assessment. If he has a sleep disorder, his ability to help you out will improve as he gets treated.

Just a thought. You can PM me for some links, if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
With hours like that your dh should be helping out more. Regardless of who pays the flipping bills. Every now and then, some guys forget that being a parent is more then yelling for us.
Talk to your dh. If that doesn't work, you have errands to run without the kids about 5 or so. Long errands. A couple hours, and my dd can have dh ready to hand me the moon to drop whatever i'm doing.lol I'm not being mean, he just remembers how hard taking care of kids all day long is. Try the talk first. Then, if you have to, enjoy the silence of wal-mart and grocery shopping. Or if you're pretty crabby- the bookstore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.