Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all know the mess with the midwives I am in right now (and have no emotional energy to face it) and my history of two babies with pre-e and one with PIH. And yet.. and yet I feel like the perfect homebirth client!

Despite some health issues that don't seem to be any worse than when they first showed up (and I feel a lot better lately), I don't call with tons of questions because I have been thru pregnancy so many times, I understand most everything I need to, and I am fairly easy-going.

I realized last night I am usually on bedrest by 30 weeks and yet I am now 32 weeks (33, according to the MWs and the usual schedule) and I have no signs of high blood pressure, swelling or toxemia at all.

I have NEVER made it past 28 weeks without being completely swollen! And I am still wearing my wedding rings and rarely have swelling in my feet at the end of the day. My BP has stayed the same for my entire pregnancy, or maybe even going lower than when I had hyperemesis.

I know, I know, I need to shuddup and get to figuring out where I am going with this, but I often procrastinate and get a pay-off for it, so it's sort of a cycle with me. Why not wait if things just eventually land in my lap, right? I think that's what my brain tells me.

I still want to hear from the other MW about what SHE thinks of me. I have an appintment tomorrow, so I may have an update. If MW-C isn't there, I will HAVE to call her or just make the decision to leave their practice myself. I'll have to either put up or shut up I guess!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Yay for no swelling, no high BP, and no bedrest!

Now if everything can just work itself out with your MWs... procrastinating often pays off for me too, when things fall in my lap or work themselves out on their own... good luck!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
You sound like your in great shape this time around Gina! Congrats on making it so far without swelling etc.

And I second the procrastination often working things out (for the good). Worked for me last time when I lost my midwifery care at 36 weeks - I just kept saying I didn't know if I wanted to do an OB consult and magically they found some other MWs for me at 38 weeks, even though they had been unable to previously.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kontessa View Post
An up day huh?

It doesn't stop
:
One day I am hopeful and positive and one day it's all doom. I am ready to get over myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.