Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we get home from an afternoon out with my MIL and I check the mailbox. No diapers but I did get my Doodlebottoms wool wash so I was excited about that. Maybe a little too excited! I go inside and put the baby down for a nap and put the other 2 in the playroom and proceed to get all hyped up about washing wool! This stuff smells amazing and I love the fact that I don't have to rinse.

So I set up my 2 sinks and start washing covers and soakers. Well, I'm hanging them all up to dry and it hits me....I just washed all of my wool!!!! That's all I use, I don't have anything else. So the only dry wool in the house happens to be the wool on my kids bums.
:

: <--- me right about now when I'm trying to find something to put them in for night time. :LOL

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
WHOOPS! Should make for an interesting night in your house huh?

BTW - are you sure we aren't twins... because that sounds like something I would do! :LOL

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Baghead!
: Baghead!
: You are a Baghead!
: {{{sings}}}
JK :LOL
Did you find something for nighttime?

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:LOL I told my DH and his first thought was "I'll just run to the store" Um No! I found the one FB we had and put that on Jack. Sara just went to bed a little later, I took off the cover she was wearing and let it air dry a little and then put it back on her for bed.
Its a good thing we don't have anywhere to go tomorrow so I can let them run coverless until some of the other wool dries.

:

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ustasmom
Just make sure that you overpack. That way nothing can get to the wool, especially if it isn't your regular nighttime wool.
Luckily it was one of her SP's wool. We've used it at night before, and it was the one that DH got popsicle on so I'm not as worried about it.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Ustasmom told me a little trick. It used to take my wool forever to dry, but now I...wash and/or lanolize, then I roll up the cover in a towel and step on it. I leave it in the towel for about 15 minutes, then I unroll it and reroll it into the dry side of the towel and step on it again. Then leave it for another 15 minutes or so...Then...lay it out to dry on a rack. I did this last night for the first time, and my heaviest pair of soaker shorts were dry this morning!
It used to take at least all night and all day! I am thrilled! Try rolling them up for awhile and then lay them back out. They will probably be dry by morning.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutie Patootie
Ustasmom told me a little trick. It used to take my wool forever to dry, but now I...wash and/or lanolize, then I roll up the cover in a towel and step on it. I leave it in the towel for about 15 minutes, then I unroll it and reroll it into the dry side of the towel and step on it again. Then leave it for another 15 minutes or so...Then...lay it out to dry on a rack. I did this last night for the first time, and my heaviest pair of soaker shorts were dry this morning!
It used to take at least all night and all day! I am thrilled! Try rolling them up for awhile and then lay them back out. They will probably be dry by morning.

I never told you to step on it!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristyH
I just washed all of my wool!!!! That's all I use, I don't have anything else. So the only dry wool in the house happens to be the wool on my kids bums.
well you aren't alone. I did this just last week only it didn't occur to me to post about it ...
:

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by leahdbc
well you aren't alone. I did this just last week only it didn't occur to me to post about it ...
:
:LOL They are going to think that us Georgians are not very bright!
: <--love this guy

·
Registered
399 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristyH
:LOL They are going to think that us Georgians are not very bright!
: <--love this guy
see, I knew I should have never fessed up! glad to hear things worked out for you though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.