Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night after dinner. I am sitting on the couch and I start getting this pain..in waves across my belly. like cramps almost...and I said to DH I was a little worried..I cannot remember what contractions and labor felt like even though I was in labor for 20 hours last time..I completely forget... so the pains are getting worse and I start to get really worried and I am trying to explain to DH what it feels like and suddenly it feels like its going to get even worse I mean I can literally feel the pain building...and he says...would you like to go to the ER ? and before I can answer. I farted. and the pain went away.... somy preterm labor was gas... apparently I am a dork. I think DH would have died laughing if I hadn't been so worked up near tears before hand. I feel like a butthead....thank goodness I can laugh at myself or I would have cried for sure!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hee, hee...glad it was nothing, uh, serious!

If it makes you feel any better, I was at the ER for 5 hours last night because I was afraid I was leaking amniotic fluid and it turns out that I had just wet myself!
:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by swtpesq
Hee, hee...glad it was nothing, uh, serious!

If it makes you feel any better, I was at the ER for 5 hours last night because I was afraid I was leaking amniotic fluid and it turns out that I had just wet myself!
:
Yes as a matter of fact that DOES make me feel better.. we can be dorks together.heheh...

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Fellow Farter Here!

I've been getting lots of those intense gas pains lately, especially after I eat.
I attribute it to all of my intestines getting shoved around out of their normal routes...
I have found that being on all fours on the bed with my forearms down/head on arms (so that my front is lower than my butt) helps the pain subside and er....the gas passes quite efficiently that way

·
Registered
609 Posts
maybe we need a "tmi thread" like the December due date club has, but yes, I, too, am a dork with gas! Last night, in fact (it must be the time for it, with all our intestines being squished down and all around), I had such severe pains in my stomach that I was getting ready to wake up DH and talk about going to the doctor. I hesitated because he works at 3:00 a.m. and I really didn't want to wake him if it was nothing. So I was moving around, trying to find a position where I could feel better, and it all came out in a huge belch, which woke him anyway!
Don't worry, lots of it comes out the other end, too! This pregnancy thing is so undignified!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Uh, no wetting myself or severe fart contractions here (at least not yet), but I have been getting "poop cramps". Anybody else know what I'm talking about? Kinda like there's just a little something working it's way through that hits a nerve or something and it causes a sort of butt/lower abdomin pain. They are bad enough when you're not pg, but the couple I've had recently were enough to have me in tears.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts

Thanks, that made my day!

I did the whole "I think I'm leaking fluid, but am really leaking pee" last time I was preggo.
Luckily it was during office hours though so I was spared a trip to the ER. My midwife was super nice about it too. Said she sees at least 1 person a month for that very thing.

Holly

·
Banned
1,548 Posts
My friend was trying to induce labor a couple months ago through natural methods. She got all excited thinking her water broke. Nope. The doctor pulled her aside "Honey, it isn't amniotic fluid. It's ejaculate." "But I haven't had sex!" "It's yours."
She experienced female ejaculation for the first time, and went to the hospital!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.